Raw Root Salad
Write a review
- 1 cup grated Sweet Potato
- 1 cup grated Daikon Radish
- 1 cup grated Rutabaga
- 1 cup grated Beets
- 1/4 cup toasted winter squash seeds, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1-2 tbsp. Lemon juice
- Wash all the roots, no need to peel them, but cut off any rot or injuries.
- Grate them all into a large bowl.
- Add mashed avocados (or add them and mash in the bowl), grated, ground, or chopped squash seeds, pressed or minced garlic, then lemon juice and salt to taste.
- You can add any other shredded raw roots easily to this salad, and you can serve it up over fresh spinach if you want to add bulk or complexity.
Tracie's Community Farm, LLC http://traciesfarm.com/wordpress/