Write a review
- 8 C vegetable stock
- 4 Tbl butter
- 2 small onions
- 2 C Arborio rice
- 1 C dry white wine
- 1 C parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 6 oz goat cheese
- Fresh beets
- Cook beets until soft and skins slide off.
- Bring stock to a boil, then simmer over low heat.
- Melt butter in sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add onions, reduce heat when onions are soft.
- Add rice and stir for one minute.
- Add wine and turn up heat; simmer while stirring until pan is almost dry of liquid.
- Continue to add stock 1 C at a time, stirring constantly until liquid is absorbed.
- Puree the beets and add to risotto.
- Mix in the parmesan, salt and pepper to taste, and top each serving with goat cheese.
Tracie's Community Farm, LLC http://traciesfarm.com/wordpress/