Sweet and Sour Cucumbers with Fresh Dill
This an easy way to preserve cucumbers into pickles without the hassle of pressure cookers or water baths. These will not keep as long as canned pickles- you must keep them refrigerated.
Write a review
- 6 unpeeled cucumbers
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup finely chopped dill or to taste
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cracked pepper or to taste
- Place unpeeled cucumbers, sliced thin, in colander
- Sprinkle with salt; toss to coat
- Let stand for 15 minutes stirring occasionally
- Meanwhile stir vinegar, dill, sugar and pepper in large bowl until sugar is dissolved
- Drain cucumbers well and pat dry
- Add cucumbers to dressing and stir to blend.
- Refrigerate at least 15 minutes.
Tracie's Community Farm, LLC http://traciesfarm.com/wordpress/