Sauceless Garden Lasagna
Write a review
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise & sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black
- 1 (8 ounce) package no-cook lasagna noodles
- 9 roma (plum) tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly coat a 9x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss together the zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, garlic, red onion, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, and feta cheese. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and stir in basil, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir the mixture until evenly blended.
- Place a layer of lasagna noodles into the bottom of the prepared pan. Make a layer of tomato slices over the noodles. Spread a generous amount of the spinach mixture over the tomatoes. Don't worry, it shrinks a lot while cooking. Lay slices of tomatoes over the spinach mixture, then another layer of noodles. Start with another layer of tomatoes on top of the noodles, and repeat layering until the dish is heaped with lasagna, ending with the vegetable mixture.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until noodles, and vegetables are tender. Sprinkle remaining cheese on the top during last 15 minutes of cooking time. Let stand for at least 15 minutes to set, then slice and serve.
Tracie's Community Farm, LLC http://traciesfarm.com/wordpress/