Write a review
- 4 tbsp oil (olive or vegetable)
- 2 cans refried beans
- 1 package shredded cheese (Monterrey jack, cheddar)
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 onions chopped
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2-3 cups vegetable of choice (winter squash, beets, carrots etc.) or rice
- 1 cup salsa
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 4 tbsp hot sauce
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 packages of large wraps (corn, flour, or wheat)
- In a large bowl combine refried beans ¾ package of shredded cheese and ¼ cup cilantro.
- Heat oil and sauté the onions and garlic until soft.
- Add chili powder and red pepper flakes and continue cooking the onions.
- Reduce heat to medium for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat.
- Add the onion mixture into the beans, rice and cilantro. Stir well.
- Add vegetables, rice, and ¾ cup salsa at this time.
- In a small bowl combine ketchup and hot sauce, stir well.
- In a 13x9 greased glass baking dish (metal is fine it will just be more likely to stick) pour the remaining salsa in the bottom of the dish.
- Construct the burritos, roughly ½ - ¾ cup of filling per wrap.
- Wrap leaving the ends open and place in the baking dish.
- Pour the ketchup and hot sauce mixture over the tops of the burritos, covering any dry areas.
- Bake at 375 until heated through.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese and cilantro on top of the burritos and return to oven until melted.
Tracie's Community Farm, LLC http://traciesfarm.com/wordpress/