Green Bean Tomato Curry
Write a review
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 3 cups chopped green beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. minced Thail basil or cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp. cumin seeds
- 3/4 tsp. brown mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- Pinch of salt
- Cayenne to taste if desired
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Add minced fresh ginger, cumin seeds, and brown mustard seeds.
- Saute over medium heat until the mustard seeds pop, but don’t burn.
- Add chopped tomatoes and sauté for a few minutes, stirring frequently, until they become mushy.
- Stir in tumeric, green beans, salt, water and cayenne if desired.
- Simmer until beans are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Adjust salt and Thai basil and/or cilantro.
- Serve with rice.
Tracie's Community Farm, LLC http://traciesfarm.com/wordpress/