Stuffed Red Orach w/ Pomegranate Molasses
Write a review
Stuffed Red Orach with Pomegranate Molasses
- 10 large red orach leaves
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans, cooked
- 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, cooked
- 1 tablespoon green onion, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white spring onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 teaspoons Meyer lemon juice
- Mix garbanzos, artichoke, green onion, sea salt and oil in a food processor and process to a coarse paste. Place a generous tablespoon of filling on the wide end of a leaf and roll into a thick cigar shape. Repeat until all leaves are used.
- Place a ten-inch skillet on medium-high heat and cook the oil, crushed red pepper, onions and garlic until the onions are clear around the edges. Placed the red orach rolls in the pan, cover and let sear for 1 minute. Pour in the lemon juice, cover, turn down heat to low and cook for another 2 minutes. Turn the burner off and leave covered until ready to serve.
- Place a skillet on medium heat, add all ingredients and reduce to a syrup consistency. Allow to cool before using. May be prepared ahead of time to use as a condiment.
- Drizzle Pomegranate Molasses onto plate and place a red orach roll on top. Serve hot.
- To simplify the cooking process and make it a quick dish, use Eden Foods organic canned garbanzo beans and organic canned artichoke hearts.
- I use fresh pressed organic pomegranate juice from Lone Oak Ranch but the recipe will be fine with bottled 100% pomegranate juice.
Tracie's Community Farm, LLC http://traciesfarm.com/wordpress/