Spinach Ricotta Pie
Write a review
- Pie Crust- homemade or store bought
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 lb. spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 lb. ricotta cheese
- 2 or 3 beaten eggs
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup packed grated sharp cheese
- a dash of nutmeg
- Optional topping: sour cream and paprika
- Preheat oven to 375. Melt butter, add onion, saute for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add spinach, salt, pepper, basil, and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Combine all filling ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Spread into unbaked pie shell.
- Top with sour cream, spreading to the edges of the crust.
- Dust generously with paprika.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until firm to the touch at the center.
Tracie's Community Farm, LLC http://traciesfarm.com/wordpress/