Thai Beef with Carrot Noodles and Sriracha Peanut Sauce
Write a review
- 20 oz Ground Beef
- 4 Scallions
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 cubes Beef Stock Concentrate
- 12 oz Green Beans
- 4 Carrots
- 2 Tbs Sriracha
- 4 Tbs Peanut Butter
- 2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 oz Cilantro
- 2 tsp Soy Sauce
- 2 Tbs. Olive Oil*
- Prep the carrot noodles: peel the carrot. Using the peeler, shave the
- carrots into ribbons, rotating as necessary.
- Prep the remaining ingredients: trim and cut the green beans into
- 2-inch pieces. Thinly slice the garlic and scallions. Remove the
- leaves from the cilantro and finely chop the stems.
- Heat ½ tablespoon olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef to the pan and cook, breaking up the meat into pieces, until
- browned and cooked through, 5-6 minutes. Season with salt, pepper,
- and the ground coriander. Set mixture aside.
- Heat another ½ tablespoon olive oil in the same pan over medium
- heat. Add the scallions to the pan and cook, tossing, 3-4 minutes, until
- softened. Add the garlic and cilantro stems to the pan and cook 30
- seconds, until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the carrot noodles: add the carrot ribbons, green beans,
- stock concentrate, peanut butter, soy sauce, 1 cup water, and the
- sriracha (to taste) to the pan. Toss to combine thoroughly. Cook, tossing,
- until water has nearly evaporated and carrots and green beans are
- tender. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Return the beef to the pan and toss to combine. Cook for 1-2
- more minutes, until beef is warmed through and sauce has thickened.
- Divide the beef and carrot noodles between plates and garnish with
- the reserved cilantro leaves. Enjoy!
Tracie's Community Farm, LLC http://traciesfarm.com/wordpress/