Roasted Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
Write a review
- 2 to 3 medium red or golden beets
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 cups mesclun salad mix
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Clean beets thoroughly. Slice in half with a sharp knife, then place in a small baking dish lined with parchment. Drizzle half of the olive oil over the beets; bake 40-45 minutes, or until the beets are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove beets from oven; allow to cool slightly. In small bowl, whisk together the remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Remove the skin of the beets and discard. Dice beets into bite-sized pieces.
- Arrange salad mix on plate, sprinkle with beets and goat cheese crumbles. Drizzle with balsamic dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Tracie's Community Farm, LLC http://traciesfarm.com/wordpress/